Wednesday 29 February 2012

NHS time runs at a whole different speed!!

Well, having spent a whole day sat by the phone waiting for the district nurse to call to arrange a time to come and disconnect my condom bottle, I've just had a call from them - they're coming at 7!! My chemo nurse at St George's deserves a medal for being my go between today - thanks Bridget!!

Do you think I can forward my credit card bill to Wandsworth district nursing team as while waiting I've spent some ££ online!???!! ;-)

One thing I have done is to sign up for a free trial from audible thanks to a great tip from Yogi Clare (if you're reading this Clare, I hope you don't mind the description, but I know a few Clares / Claires). She has suggested listening to books whilst taking a walk each day for an hour. That way there's more incentive to go out the next day to find out what happens next! Great tip if you ask me!! I was going to start today, but was sitting by the phone - for some reason the hospital doesn't ever call my mobile, even though they have the number!!

Oh and by the way, the condom is now looking rather empty and limp inside its babies bottle!! ;-))

Take care world

Xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip Rach. Going to download a good book to run to next week! x

    ReplyDelete