Thursday 1 March 2012

Cycle one done!!

Well folks, it's official, I've finished cycle one of this chemo adventure!! Yay!!

The nurse eventually came at 9 last night to disconnect my condom bottle, flush my PICC line and clean the entry site. Thankfully it all went smoothly and everything is fine. It means now that I've finished the chemo drugs for this cycle (luckily the anti nausea drugs continue for another day as Sarah has eaten all the ginger nuts!! Should explain - last time round Sarah munched her way through a few ginger nuts to help with me not feeling sick - or that was her excuse anyway!!)

I now have a week before I have to be back at the hospital for a blood test and check up before starting my 2nd cycle a week Monday.

One observation from today so far ... Don't try to shave your arm pits with a new razor when you have cling film around your arm pit to try and keep your PICC line site dry!!! Result = one blunt new razor!! Doh!

Hopefully I won't get up to too much mischief today - am going to enjoy the sun and mild weather by meeting up with some friends.

Have a good day everyone!!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment