Tuesday 27 March 2012

How much??!!

I started chemo cycle 3 yesterday but alas no new drug. It turns out that the funding hadn't come through in time from the central government Cancer Fund in time for the pharmacy to make up the drug. When we got home, Sarah looked up it turns out that my treatment with it will cost around £15,000!!!! I can't really blame them for waiting for the cheque to clear!!! Apart from the lack of new drug, all went well and I got to have some lovely catch up chats with my chemo nurses Bridget and Rachael. I also learnt some more about statistics whilst helping Sarah with her exam revision. 


Today I managed a slow walk up the high street in the sunshine to do some shopping - we got yummy nachos for dinner! I am loving the mild and sunny weather, but if we could turn off the wind that would really be great as it is not helping my skin sensitivity (it blows my clothes against my skin which then feel like sand-paper) and my eye lid spasms (where my eye lids open and close so frequently it makes it hard to see)!!


Anyway, it's off back to the hospital tomorrow afternoon to get my condom bottle number 3 removed. 


Ta ta for now


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment