Friday 30 March 2012

That Friday feeling!

Well, yesterday was a bit of a slow moving day, but I did feel better in the afternoon having been to feed the ducks in the park with Sarah!


Sarah made us a really yummy butternut squash risotto for dinner - I've still got 2 portions to go, having had some for lunch today!! I must say that I am loving the recipes we've tried so far from the Innocent Hungry cookbook!! I think Sarah is getting a bit bored of preparing butternut squash though - I promise that the next recipe we try will involve something easier sis!! Thanks to the O'Brien's for the cookbook though!! I recommend it highly!


Sarah went home last night so I have been flying solo today. I've not done a lot, but managed a hour and a half walking, albeit slowly, around the park with my audiobook - I'm up to chapter 50 something now and the narrator is not really getting any better at the women's voices!! It is a good way of passing time though and I want to listen to some more. I think I will have to wait until Sunday to hear the next bit though as tomorrow is an afternoon of culture, with a trip to the theatre to see 39 Steps. I am really looking forward to this. 


This afternoon, after my walk, I found my latest favourite snack - G.H. Cretors Popped Corn!! It is a yummy mix of slightly sweet and slightly salted! I managed not to eat the whole bag whilst watching The Next Three Days, although I cannot guarantee it will not be all gone by the end of the weekend! At least with my risotto, fruit and avocado bagel I think I have covered my 5 a day anyway!! ;-)


So anyway, I watched The Next Three Days this afternoon. I enjoyed it and thought it was a good thriller. Much more my cup of tea than Cowboys and Aliens, which looking back I think I would have liked better if there had been a bit more comedy in it. Anyway, I am now intrigued as to what Love Film will send me next from my list - I guess I'll have to wait until next week to find out! I may have to choose something from my DVD collection to get through the weekend and to have an excuse to finish my pop corn (not that I need one!!). 


Anyway folks have a good weekend and remember to wrap up here in Blighty as I hear that the heating's being turned off and we are heading back to more seasonal temperatures!! Oh well, as long as the summer is a good one!! I might be able to have some ice-cream by then!! :-) 


xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment