Saturday 7 April 2012

Change of Plan

Last year, whilst I was 'enjoying' my first cancer adventure I vowed that this year I would take part in the Cancer Research Race for Life this year. Now I've walked and run the Race for Life a couple of times in the past, as well as doing the 10km run one year. Anyway, the original aim was to run the 5km race in Regents Park in July. However, the start of chemo meant that running the race wouldn't happen, so I was going to walk it. The plan has now changed again. As my liver resection operation is booked for the first week in July, I have now changed events and am aiming to walk the 5km event at Crystal Palace Park on Sunday 10th June. I really hope that I'll be complete this event for a cause that is obviously close to my heart! Anyone who wants to join me in taking part, there are still places available I believe (it's a women's only event I'm afraid guys) and I'll treat you to an ice cream afterwards!!

Crystal Palace Race for Life Event Details

I'll also be setting up my sponsorship page shortly, so any spare change hiding down the back of the sofa can go to a good cause!! ;-) oh, and anyone wanting to 'train' with me, I know of a few nice walks near me!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment