Monday 16 April 2012

Drought conditions - not here!!

Well, that was a wet weekend!! After discovering that I had a burst radiator on Friday, Sarah has spent the weekend emptying my 1 litre Pyrex jug of water almost hourly! It turns out that it was not as simple as turning off the valves on my radiator to stop it filling with water all the time but needed some valves in the building's basement turning off too - got to love 1930s plumbing!! Anyway, this resulted in about 75 hours at 1 litre an hour of water coming out the radiator!!!! Glad I'm not on a water metre!! Thank you so much Sarah for giving up your sleep and emptying the jug overnight!!

Anyway, after a frustrating few hours of work, a lot of sweat and some blood, as well as a bad back, the in-house plumber has now provided me with a new radiator!!! Yay!!! There are no signs of any leaks and I am now nice and toasty again with the new radiator pumping out nice warm air!! (turns out my Easter egg is not so appreciative of the warm air though!!)

Well, apart from my plumbing issue, this weekend was rather quiet - I was really feeling the lack of energy so was very frustrated with things. Thankfully, Sarah made me get up and go for a walk every day, even if it was just down the high st and back. It's become a bit of a joke between us that I'm like a dog who needs a daily walk!! Ha ha ha!!

I'm now flying solo for a few days, so hopefully the energy levels will continue to pick up - today's been better than the last couple in that regard. I'm hoping to have a yoga session and see some friends and then on Sunday I'm aiming to go and cheer on my friend Aisling in the London Marathon. I'm so proud of all the training she's been doing and really hope that she enjoys the experience, if that's possible!! Wishing you all the best of luck Aisling!!

Ok, it may now be acceptable to change into my pjs and snuggle down on the sofa, enjoying the lack of dripping from the radiator - was a bit like Chinese water torture - so I'm going to sign off!!

Bye for now folks!!

Xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment