Friday 17 August 2012

Almost chemo time again

Well folks,

I saw my lovely oncologist this morning to discuss what happens next. After I told her about my operation and what the Guildford surgeon had said on monday, she left it up to me as to whether I wanted chemo. I told her that I don't want to turn around in 10 years time and regret not giving this everything I've got so I want to have more chemo. I'm not sure what she would have said if I'd said I didn't want any more chemo, but I think my sis would have killed me if I didn't have more chemo just to make sure!! Anyway, my oncologist thinks that only 4 cycles of chemo, along with the 4 remaining doses of cetuximab, is needed, so all this could be done with by mid October!!! Crazy!! I guess I'd then have to go back to work!! Hahaha

well, anyway, chemo & cetuximab cycle one is due to commence on Tuesday 28th August. I was surprised that I could get an appointment for the bank holiday week, which is always crazy busy!! I'm not sure that the chemo day unit realise that I'll be there a minimum of 5 hours (most likely at least an hour longer with all the saline flushes I have to have between chemicals)!! I must remember my good book otherwise I'll have to help Sarah revise for her exams!! ;-)

With chemo restarting I have to have another picc line put in next Tuesday! Time to get practicing wrapping my arm in cling film again!! Hahaha! At least I know what to expect this time (not that I'm promising not to feel feint when they insert the line again!) and I know full well what the benefits of having the picc in are.

Well, with about 10 days to go until the chemo, I've got various pre chemo jobs booked, like having a check up at the dentist and getting my hair cut and coloured - I wonder with potentially only having 4 cycles of treatment if the grey hairs will have time to make a reappearance before I can get it coloured again after chemo?!?! I'm also hoping to meet up with various friends, starting with Anne-Marie for lunch tomorrow! Can't wait to see everyone!!

Well, I think I'd better try and get some sleep so that I don't get too dozy in the sunshine tomorrow!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Xxxx

P.S. here's a pic I took today - not quite the Saltire:

No comments:

Post a Comment