Friday 24 August 2012

Pre-chemo jobs done

Well, I think they are all done anyway! I've been to have a dental checkup - all fine. I've made sure I'm stocked up on all the lotions and potions I need that the hospital does not provide, eg super strength moisturiser and gentle shampoo (thanks Lucy!) and this morning I went to get my hair cut and coloured. With the drug combo I'm on for chemo my hair thins but I'm lucky that I've always had a lot of hair and so ive never had any bold patches. My eye lashes fell out a few weeks after chemo finished last time tho - saved a few £ on mascara for a while there!! With my hair, unfortunately the grey hairs always remained stubborn and only the grey ones fell out! Typical!! Anyway, with only having (hopefully) 8 weeks of treatment I am hoping that having had my hair coloured this morning I'm hoping that not too much grey will show through before I can get it coloured again in October after treatment! We'll see!!!

Yesterday I met my friend Lucy for a bite to eat - we went to the newly opens Whole Foods Market just off Piccadilly. It was great to have a mooch around and the food was yummy! I would have loved to have stocked up with lots of lovely organic products if the ££ and arm strength (to carry it all) would allow!! I was surprised to see that some of the fresh fruit was grown in the USA! Surely the transportation costs and logistics would make it more feasible to source produce from the UK?! Anyway, still a great shop to mooch around.

Have a fun weekend everyone! Don't forget the waterproofs!!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment