Saturday 25 August 2012

Oh cripes!

I've just had a glass candle explode! (obviously the candle was made of wax but it was one of those that is in a glass, if you know what I mean). Typically, it exploded in the lounge between me and the cupboard where the vacuum is kept and I had bare feet!! (rolls eyes). Anyway, I picked my way across and I think I've hoovered all the little bits up. At least it was one of my cheap ikea candles and not one of my nice ones - maybe there's a tip in there - watch out for cheap Swedish candles!!

Anyway, apart from that excitement, I've had a really lovely day, and no sis that's not because you went home! ;-) hahaha! No, it's because I met up with my great friend Janey, her husband and little boy. Thanks so much guys for meeting me and for my tea and cookie! It was really lovely to see you, and to have a cuddle with Oscar (that's her son not her husband!)

I've just watched Faster, one of my Love Film films. Didn't really enjoy it as its not my usual cup of tea. I'm not really sure how it ended up on my list. Didn't even have a fit actor in it! ;-)

It's sad to hear that Neil Armstrong has died. Although I wasn't born when he took his famous small step, I have always been fascinated by space travel - as a kid I remember wanting to be an astronaut! Space Camp will always have a special place in my 80s film loving heart! I can still sit through Apollo 13 and The Dish over and over again without getting bored! This evening I've read this quote from Neil Armstrong a few times and I think it sums things up for me on my current adventure:

"I believe that every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine"

RIP Neil Armstrong

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment